Updated: Apr 10, 2019
Chef: Aanal Kotak
Recipe Servings: 4
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 16 Minutes
Ingredients of Tomato Rasam
Tomatoes – 1 medium size chopped roughly
Green Chilli – 1 slit
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi – 1/2 tsp
Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Tamarind Pulp – 2 to 3 tblspn
Garlic – 3 cloves crushed roughly
Water – 3 cups
Coriander Leaves a handful
Salt to taste
Sugar – 1 tsp
Garlic – 4 cloves
Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam – 1 tsp
Tomato – 1 medium size chopped
Oil – 1 tblspn
Mustard Seeds / Kaduku – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi – a pinch
Curry leaves – a sprig
How to Make Tomato Rasam
1. Take grinding ingredients in a blender and make it into a fine puree.
2. Heat oil in a sauce pan, add in mustard, cumin, asafoetida and curry leaves. Saute for 30 sec.
3. Add in the ground masala and cook till oil separates from it.
4. Now add in chilli, pepper and turmeric powder. Along with some salt and sugar mix well.
5. Now add in some chopped tomatoes and slit green chillies. Mix well.
6. Add in tamarind pulp and water. Mix well. Add in crushed garlic cloves and mix well.
7. Bring it to boil, once it starts to boil, turn off the heat and add in lots of chopped coriander leaves,
8. Mix well. Cover it till serving.
9. Serve with rice.
10. Place one rolled paratha near you, spread some filling over it, cover with other paratha, seal the edges, use a rolling pin to roll the paratha even more.
11. Heat a tawa, put the paratha on hot tawa, cook for few sec, flip over, spread some oil over it, spread again, spread some more oil over it and cook on both sides till golden.
12. serve hot.
72 views0 comments