Updated: Apr 10, 2019
Chef: Aanal Kotak
Recipe Servings: 2-3 Persons
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 Minutes
Ingredients for Dal Tadka
1. 1 Cup Tuver dal
2. 3-4 Tsp Yellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
3. 2 Green chillies , slit
4. ½ Tsp Ginger (adrak) (grated)
5. ¼ Tsp Garlic (lehsun) (grated)
6. 2 Tsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
7. 2 Tbsp Onions (chopped)
8. 2 Tbsp Tomatoes (chopped)
9. 3 Tbsp Oil
10. 2 Tsp Salt
11. 1 Tsp Butter
12. ¼ Tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
13. 2 Whole dry kashmiri red chillies
14. ¼ Tsp Ginger (adrak) (finely chopped)
15. 1 Tsp Garlic (lehsun) (finely chopped)
16. 2 Tsp Red chilli powder
17. ½ Tsp kitchen King Masala
18. 1 ½ Tsp coriander-cumin powder
19. 2 Tbsp Fresh coriander
20. Water as required
How to cook Dal Tadka
1. In a pressure cooker, add Tuver dal, yellow moong dal along with 3 cups water then add grated ginger, grated garlic, green chillies, pinch salt, pinch turmeric, mix well and cook till 3 whistle till dals get cooked. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
2. In a pan, add 2 Tbsp of oil and add onion, tomato, chopped ginger and chopped garlic both ¼ Tsp and let it cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add red chilli powder, kitchen king masala, cumin-coriander powder, pinch salt, water as required and mix well.
4. Add cooked dal and mix everything properly then add pinch turmeric and fresh coriander, let everything boil for few seconds.
5. Add butter in prepared dal and put off the gas.
6. Remove dal from flame in a serving bowl and keep aside.
7. Again heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a pan for final Tadka, add cumin seeds and heat till colour changes, add dry Kashmiri chilli, ¼ Tsp garlic, pinch turmeric powder, pinch red chilli powder, pinch cumin-coriander powder and put of the gas.
8. Immediately pour the prepared Tadka on cooked dal.
Serve hot with Jeera rice.