Updated: Apr 10, 2019
Chef: Aanal Kotak
Recipe Servings: 2-3 Persons
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ingredients for Jeera Rice
1. 1 Cup long grained rice (basmati rice) (soaked)
2. 1 Tsp cumin seeds
3. 3 Bay leaf
4. 2 Black cardamom
5. 2 inch cinnamon stick
6. Salt as per taste
7. 4 Tsp Oil
8. Water as required
9. 1 Tsp Vinegar
10. 1 Tsp Fresh coriander (chopped)
How to cook Jeera Rice
1. Wash rice thoroughly and soak in water for half an hour. Keep aside.
2. Take 2 cup of water in a thick bottom pan; add bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon stick and boil till water absorbs the flavour.
3. Drain and add soaked rice in to it.
4. Add salt and stir occasionally keeping in mind not to break the rice.
5. Once rice gets half cooked, add 2 Tsp oil and vinegar, switch off the gas before rice is fully cooked (switch off before 5 minutes). Remove from the flame and strain well.
6. Spread rice on a flat surface plate with the help of fork and keep aside till it gets cool.
7. Remove bay leaf, cardamom and cinnamon stick from cooked rice.
8. Heat 2 Tsp oil in a wok, add cumin seeds and heat till aroma releases. Add cooked rice and mix well.
9. Lastly add fresh coriander, fried onions and toss thoroughly on fast flame.
240 views0 comments