Updated: Jan 30, 2019
Chef: Aanal Kotak
Recipe Servings: 2 Persons
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients for Poha Croquettes
1. 1 Cup Poha (soaked in water)
2. 1 Large Potato (Boiled)
3. ½ cup Grated parmesan cheese
4. 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
5. 1 Tsp Salt
6. 2 Tsp fresh ground black pepper
7. ¼ Tsp Nutmeg powder
8. 1 ½ stick Mozzarella cheese
9. ¼ cup all purpose flour
10. Panko / Regular bread crumbs for coating
11. Oil for frying
Ingredients for Garnish
1. Mayonnaise sauce
2. Parsley leaves
How to cook Poha Croquettes
1. First wash and cut the potato into half and cook until tender. Then peel the skin, mash nicely and keep aside.
2. Now wash the poha and soak in warm water for about 10 minutes. Then squeeze out the extra water and keep aside.
3. In a mixing bowl add poha, mashed potato, grated parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, fresh ground black pepper, nutmeg powder and mix them thoroughly to get all the spices well combined.
4. Cut the mozzarella cheese into small cubes and keep aside. In a wide bowl, mix the flour with water to get a flour paste and keep aside. Then in a plate, spread the bread crumbs and keep aside.
5. Now make a ball out of the prepared potato-poha mix, make a dent in the middle of the ball and place the cut single mozzarella cheese cube in it. Take some more prepared mixture and cover the dent. Roll it in-between your palms to form a ball. Repeat the same process with the remaining mixture.
6. Now heat a pan with oil for frying. First, dip the prepared croquettes in the flour paste and then roll it on the bread crumbs until evenly coated. Fry in oil until brown on all sides by turning them often. Drain the excess oil on a paper napkin.
165 views0 comments