MAKAI NA VADA WITH TOMATO-GARLIC CHUTNEY
Updated: Feb 23, 2019
Chef: Aanal Kotak
Recipe Servings: 3 Persons
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients for Makai Na Vada
1. 1 Cup maize flour (yellow cornmeal)
2. ½ Tsp garlic cloves (minced)
3. 2 Tbsp curd
4. 1 Tsp sugar
5. ½ Tsp red chilli powder
6. A pinch turmeric powder
7. 1 Tsp Kutchi garam masala
8. A pinch baking soda
9. Salt to taste
10. 2 Tsp oil
11. Water as required
1. Oil for deep frying
Ingredients for Tomato-Garlic Chutney
1. 3 cup Tomatoes (finely chopped)
2. 6 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
3. 4 cup onion (sliced)
4. 2 Green Chillies (chopped)
5. 1 Tsp Red chilli powder
6. ½ Tsp Turmeric powder
7. 5-6 Curry leaves
8. Salt to taste
9. 1 Tsp Mustard seeds
10. Oil for frying
Ingredients for Serving
1. Tamarind pulp
2. Tomato - Garlic ki chutney
3. Laccha Onions
4. Masala peanut
How to make Tomato Garlic Chutney
1. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and allow it to crackle.
2. Add garlic and green chilli, sauté for few minutes.
3. Add onion, tomatoes and sauté on low to medium flame, till it gets mashy.
4. Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and cook to set the consistency.
5. Take out from flame, mix everything in a blender and grind it to fine paste.
6. Tomato-Garlic chutney is ready.
How to cook Makai Na Vada
1. Take a large bowl; add maize flour, garlic, Kutchi garam masala, sugar, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, baking soda and oil, mix it properly.
2. Add curd and mix well again to make a batter.
3. Add required water to knead it into soft dough.
4. Now from prepared dough make round shape Vada (flat Vada) with the help of your hands. Repeat same to make more Vada. Keep aside in a plate.
5. In a medium size pan heat oil, heat on a slow flame.
6. Deep fry Vada till golden brown and crisp on both the sides.
7. Place Vada in a plate and make a whole on top (like Pani-Puri) with the help of fork.
8. Stuff Vada with tamarind pulp, masala peanuts on top.
Serve with Laccha onion and tomato-garlic chutney.