OAT CRACKERS WITH MINT AAM HUMMUS AND BELL PEPPER & GRAPES GHUTNEY
Updated: Feb 23, 2019
Chef: Aanal Kotak
Recipe Servings: 2 Persons
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Ingredients for Oats Crackers
1. ¼ Cup coarsely powdered oats
2. 1 Cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
3. 1 Tbsp olive oil
4. 1 Tbsp dried mixed herbs
5. 1 Tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
6. Salt to taste
7. ½ Cup butter
Ingredients for Minty Aam Hummus
1. 1 1/2 Cups soaked and boiled kabuli chana (white chick peas)
2. 2 Tbsp Tahini paste
3. 1 1/2 Tsp garlic (lehsun) (roughly chopped)
4. 2 Tsp lemon juice
5. 2 Tbsp olive oil
6. ½ Mint leaves (freshly chopped)
7. ½ Raw mango (finely chopped)
8. Salt to taste
Ingredients for Garnishing Hummus
1. 1 Tbsp olive oil
2. A sprig of parsley
Ingredients for Bell-Pepper & Grapes Chutney
1. 2 Tsp oil
2. ¼ Cup Bell Pepper, finely chopped
3. 30 Grapes ( green grapes)
4. 3-4 green chillies, finely chopped
5. 8-9 pieces of walnut
6. Handful of mint leaves and coriander leaves
7. Salt to taste
How to prepare Minty Aam Hummus
1. Combine all the ingredients in a mixer and blend it till smooth paste.
2. Transfer the mixture on a separate bowl; garnish it with olive oil and parsley.
How to cook Bell-Pepper & Grapes Chutney
1. Heat oil in a pan; add green chillies, bell pepper, mint leaves and coriander leaves.
2. Sauté it for couple of minutes or until the bell pepper gets cooked.
3. Once done, remove from the flame and cool the mixture.
4. Add the sautéed ingredients in a blender along with green grapes and walnuts.
5. Grind into fine paste by adding the required quantity of salt.
6. Transfer it to a bowl and garnish with sliced grapes.
How to cook Oats
1. Combine all the Ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using water as required (approx. ¼ cup). Cover with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
2. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
3. Roll out a portion into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle without using any flour for rolling. Trim slightly from 4 sides to get a perfect square.
4. Cut out into approx. 50 mm. * 50 mm. (2” * 2”) square pieces using a knife. You will get approx. 9 pieces and prick them with a fork at equal distance.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 9 more pieces using another dough portion. Knead the trimmed off dough portion well and roll again to make 2 more crackers.
6. Arrange all the crackers on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200° c (400° f) for 15 minutes or till they turn light brown and crisp from both the sides, while turning twice in between after every 5 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
Serve with Hummus and Bell-Pepper & Grapes Chutney.