Updated: Apr 10, 2019
Chef: Aanal Kotak
Recipe Servings: 4 Persons
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Ingredients for Pani
1. 2 Cup mint leaves (chopped) (phudina)
2. 1 Cup coriander (chopped) (dhania)
3. ½ Cup tamarind (imli)
4. ½ Tsp ginger (roughly chopped) (adrak)
5. 3 Tbsp green chillies (chopped)
6. 1 Tsp roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder
7. 1 Tsp black salt (sanchal)
8. 2.5 litre water (chilled)
9. 1 Tbsp jaggery (gaud) (finely chopped) , Optional
10. 1 Tsp chaat masala
11. 1 Tsp Pani Puri Masala
Ingredients for Ragda
1. ½ Cup white peas (safed matar or safed vatana) (boiled)
2. 1 Tsp red chilli powder
3. ¼ Tsp turmeric powder
4. 2 Tbsp oil
5. 1 Cup water
6. Salt as required
7. ½ Cup boiled and mashed Potatoes
8. ½ Tsp cumin seeds
9. 1 Tsp green chillies (chopped)
Ingredients for Serving
1. 1 Cup Sukhi boondi
2. 10-12 Puri
3. ½ Cup Jinni sev
4. ½ Cup chopped onions
5. Pani (prepared one)
6. Pani-Puri Masala
How to prepare Pani
1. Blend mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies, ginger, tamarind pulp, jaggery, roasted cumin powder, black salt, chaat masala, Pani-Puri masala and water in a grinder till fine paste.
2. Take chilled water; mix the above masala paste to it stir properly. Ready to serve.
How to make Ragda
1. Firstly boil potatoes in a pressure cooker till 2 whistle, let it cool completely mash them and keep aside.
2. Soak peas overnight or for 8 to 9 hours in enough water.
3. Drain water. Rinse peas in fresh clean water and boil.
4. Once the peas have become soft, take it out from flame and keep aside.
5. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and fry till crackling.
6. Add chopped green chilli, boiled peas and boiled potato. Mix properly.
7. Now add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder to the hot Ragda and mix well.
8. Lastly add water and cook on a slow flame for minimum 20 minutes.
9. If it is slightly watery, then evaporate the water by cooking the Ragda.
10. The Ragda should not be thick nor watery, just slightly thick.
How to assemble Pani Puri
1. Take out Pani in a bowl and add some sukhi boondi on it.
2. Now take Puri and fill Ragda inside the Puri and also top with onions, jinni sev and Pani-Puri masala.
Serve Puri along with Pani.