KITCHEN KING MASALA
Updated: Jan 30, 2019
Chef: Aanal Kotak
Recipe Servings: 1 Box
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ingredients for kitchen King Masala
1. 2 Tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
2. 1 Tsp caraway seeds (shah jeera)
3. 10-12 dry red chilli (sukhi lal mirchi)
4. 1 Tsp turmeric powder or 1 piece of (haldi)
5. ½ Tsp coriander seeds (dhaniya)
6. 2 pieces dry ginger (saunth/sukku) or 1 Tsp ginger powder
7. 3 Tsp black peppercorns (kali mirchi)
8. ½ Tsp cloves (laung)
9. 10-12 green cardamom (hari elaichi)
10. 3 black cardamom (badi elaichi)
11. 2 Tsp fenugreek seeds (methidana)
12. 2 Tsp bengal gram (chana dal)
13. 1 Tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
14. 4 sticks 1” each cinnamon (dalchini)
15. 2 star anise (chakri phool)
16. ½ Tsp nutmeg (jaiphal) (grated powder)
17. 2 small pieces mace (javitri)
18. 2 Tsp poppy seeds (khas-khas)
19. ½ Tbsp Rock salt (kala namak)
How to prepare kitchen King Masala
1. Heat a flat non-stick pan, add dry red chillies, coriander seeds, shah jeera, fenugreek seeds, black cardamom, star anise, cinnamon stick, cloves, mace, crushed nutmeg, cumin seeds and dry roast them on a medium flame.
2. Add black peppercorns, ginger powder, green cardamom, poppy seeds, fennel seeds, rock salt and mix well.
3. Lastly add Bengal gram and sauté them on a low flame till dry roast and aroma comes out.
4. Add turmeric powder in it and mix well and keep aside.
5. Cool all the ingredients and grind into a free flow powder using mixture or coffee/spice grinder.
6. Sieve powder through a big strainer, grind again if required and discard any large pieces of spice.
Cool powder masala to room temperature and store in air tight container.