Updated: Feb 23, 2019
Chef: Aanal Kotak
Recipe Servings: 1 Box
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients for Biryani Masala
1. 15-20 Bay leaf or tej patta
2. 2 Tsp saunf or fennel seeds or sompu or sombhu
3. 2 Star anise or Biryani flower
4. 10 to 12 Green cardamom or elaichi
5. 2 Black cardamom or badi elaichi
6. 1 Tbsp pepper corn or kali Mirch
7. 1 Stick cinnamon sticks or dalchini
8. 1 Tbsp cloves or laung
9. 3 Tbsp coriander seeds or sabut dhaniya
10. 1 Tbsp shah jeera
11. 1 Mace flower or strands from 1 flower or javitri
12. ½ Tsp grated nutmeg or jaiphal
How to prepare Biryani Masala
1. Heat a pan, add coriander seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon sticks, black pepper corns, crushed nutmeg, shah jeera, star anise, cardamom, mace, cloves, fennel seeds, black cardamom and dry roast them on a low flame until they begin to smell good.
2. Cool them completely.
3. Blend them in a blender jar to a fine powder.
4. Sieve and store Biryani masala powder in an airtight glass Jar.
Use Biryani masala powder as needed while making any kind of Biryani.