Updated: Jan 30, 2019
Chef: Aanal Kotak
Recipe Servings: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients of Dahi Vada
1 cup dhuli urad ki daal (husked black gram)-soaked 5-6 hours, and ground to a paste
Oil for frying
2 1/2 cups yogurt-beaten smooth
2 tsp salt
2 tsp roasted and powdered cumin seeds
2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1/4 tsp kali mirch
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp kala namak (black rock salt)
Chaat ka masala for garnishing
How to Make Dahi Vada
1. Beat daal well to make it light and fluffy.
2. Heat the oil.
3. Shape the wadas and fry in hot oil, to a golden brown over medium heat. Lift out of the oil and put into a pan of salted water.
4. Repeat this with the rest of the batter.
5. Mix the salt, 1 tsp of the cumin, 1 Tbsp of the coriander leaves and black pepper into the yogurt.
6. Squeeze out the fried bhallas and arrange them on a serving dish.
7. Cover it with yogurt garnish with the rest of the cumin, coriander leaves, chilli powder, kala namak and chaat masala.
33 views0 comments