Updated: Jan 30, 2019
Chef: Aanal Kotak
Recipe Servings: 1 Box
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Ingredients for Chettinad Masala
1. ½ Tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
2. 1 Tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
3. 1 Tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
4. 2 Tbsp poppy seeds (khas-khas)
5. 1 Tsp fenugreek seeds (methi dane)
6. ½ Tsp coriander seeds (khada dhaniya)
7. 1 Tbsp Black pepper (kali Mirch)
8. 6 Dry red chilli (sukhi lal Mirch)
9. 1 pieces Cinnamon stick (dalchini)
10. ½ Tsp Cloves (laving)
11. 5 Green cardamom (Elaichi)
12. 1 piece mace (javitri)
13. 1 Tsp oil
14. 1 Tsp red chilli powder
How to make Chettinad Masala
1. Heat pan, dry roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, carom seeds, fenugreek seeds, cloves, fennel seeds, mace, cardamom, black pepper, poppy seeds, dry red chilli, cinnamon till aroma releases.
2. Sprinkle oil and stir for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
3. Put of the gas, stir continuously and allow it to cool completely.
4. Transfer masala in a jar; add red chilli powder and blend it in a grinder.
Chettinad masala is ready. Store it in an air tight container.
204 views0 comments