CHOCOLATE SPONGE CAKE
Updated: Apr 10, 2019
Chef: Aanal Kotak
Recipe Servings: 4 Persons
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Ingredients for chocolate sponge
1. 200 gms Maida
2. 125 gms Butter
3. 400 gms Milk Maid
4. 50 gms Icing Sugar
5. 5 gms Baking Powder
6. 200 ml Drinking Soda
7. 3 gms Baking Soda
8. Few Drops of Desired essence (Vanilla Essence)
9. 50 gms coco powder
10. Oil for greasing
How to prepare chocolate sponge
1. Take a Bowl, add melted butter, condensed milk, icing sugar and whisk it properly till it is fluffy.
2. Sieve Maida, baking soda, baking powder and mix it well. Add coco powder before beating.
3. Add vanilla essence in creamed mixture, drinking soda mix gently and beat it properly.
4. Line a tin with butter paper. Grease the tin with oil on all the sides nicely with a brush or by hand.
5. Pour mixture into tin. Tap the tin lightly to get rid of any large air bubbles.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 30-35 minutes.