Updated: Jan 30, 2019
Chef: Aanal Kotak
Recipe Servings: 4
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Ingredients of Puran Poli
1 Cup Chana Dal (washed)
3 Cups Water
1 Cup Sugar
1 tsp Cardamom Powder
For making dough:
2 Cups Maida
1 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Ghee
1 Cup Water
How to Make Puran Poli
Prepare Dal Mixture:
1. Take Chana dal in a pressure cooker, add water and pressure cook it for about a minute (3-4 whistles).
2. Drain the water and mash it coarsely. Now in a pressure cooker pour the mashed dal and add sugar. Mix it thoroughly and cook slowly.
3. Add Cardamom powder and grated nutmeg to it and mix thoroughly.
4. Continue stirring on low flame until it gets dry.
5. Let the mixture cool down.
Prepare the dough:
1.Take maida in a bowl.
2.Add salt and ghee. Mix well.
3.Add sufficient amount of water and make semi-soft dough.
4.Wrap the bowl with a plastic sheet or damp cloth and leave it for 30 minutes.
Prepare Puran Poli:
1.Make flat balls out of the dough like we make for chapatis.
2.Dust it using maida flour and roll it in round shape with a roller.
3.Fill the puran (stuffing) in it and then cover the edges. Roll it out again in round shape.
4.Heat tawa and cook the puran poli on both sides with lots of ghee.
5.Puran poli is ready to eat. Serve it hot with some more ghee poured over.