NEW YORK STYLE FALAFEL
CHEF: AANAL KOTAK
• Prep Time: 15 Minutes
• Cook Time: 25 Minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR FALAFEL:
• 1 Cup Chick Peas
• ¼ Cup Parsley
• 1 tsp Cup Cilantro (Finely Chopped)
• 1 tsp Garlic Cloves
• ½ Cup Onion (Finely Chopped)
• 1 Tsp Cumin
• 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
• 3 tbsp Besan
• 1 Tsp Salt
• 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
• 1 Bottle Vegetable oil for frying
FOR THE GARLIC LEMONO TAHINI DRESSING:
• 4 tbsp Tahini • 1 Tsp Garlic (Finely Chopped) • 1 Tbsp Olive oil • ¼ Cup Parsley (Finely Chopped)
FOR ASSEMBLING :
• 1 Pita (Thin 9” inch)
• Red Onion (Thin Sliced)
• Carrot (Thin Sliced)
• Cucumber (Thin Sliced)
• Tomato (Thin Sliced)
• Beets (Thin Sliced)
• Garlic Pickles (Thin Sliced)
• 1 Tbsp Chickpeas
• 1 Pinch Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
• 1 Pinch Fresh dill leaves
• 1Tsp Red Wine Vinegar
• 1 Tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt
• 4 Falafel Balls
• 2 Tbsp Garlic lemon Tahini Dressing
• Hummus for Serving
• Beginning by adding The Chickpeas to a food processor and pulse until chunky.
• Add finely chopped onion, parsley, garlic, Cilantro, Cumin, red chilli flakes, lemon juice, salt and pulse until all the ingredients are minced and not pureed smooth then add flour (besan) mix well.
• Heat the oil to 375 F
• Once the oil is hot, take falafel mixture and roll them into round shape.
• Add a few falafel tikki to the hot oil, being sure not to crowd them, and cook until golden brown, about few minutes.
FOR THE GARLIC TAHINI DRESSING:
• In A Bowl, Whisk Together Tahini Paste, Parsley, Garlic And Olive Oil.
FOR THE ASSEMBLE:
• Take a small bowl; add carrots, onion, beet, tomato, cucumber and red wine vinegar.
• Take pita bread, spread olive oil, garlic Tahini dressing, and the rest of the pickled vegetable mixture, falafel tikki, some chickpeas, again garlic Tahini dressing and dill leaves.
• Fold the stuffed pita in half and use tinfoil to keep half the sandwich wrapped.