MASALA BHINDI WRAP
Chef: Aanal Kotak
Recipe Servings: 2 Persons
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Ingredients for Roti
1. ½ Cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
2. ¼ Tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
3. A pinch turmeric powder (haldi)
4. ½ Tsp chilli powder
5. 2-3 Tbsp oil
6. 1 Tsp Whisked Curd
7. Salt to taste
8. Whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
9. Oil for cooking
Ingredients for Masala Bhindi
1. 2 Cups chopped ladies finger (Bhindi)
2. 2 Tbsp oil
3. ½ Tsp Garlic paste
4. ¼ Tsp turmeric powder
5. ½ Tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
6. ½ Tsp chilli powder
7. 1Tsp sandwich masala
8. Salt to taste
Ingredients for Curd Dip
1. ½ Cup hang curd
2. ½ Tsp garlic (lehsun paste), optional salt to taste
3. ½ Tsp Sandwich Masala
4. ¼ Tsp chilli powder
5. Salt as per taste
How to make Roti
1. In a bowl take wheat flour, oil, salt, chilli powder, a pinch turmeric powder, cumin seeds, curd and water to make dough. Add some more oil to make hard dough.
2. Divide the dough into equal portions to make a wraps.
3. Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
4. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the wraps on a medium flame, using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
5. Repeat step 3 and 4 to make more wraps. Keep aside.
How to cook Masala Bhindi
1. Heat oil in a broad non-stick Pan and add cumin seeds.
2. When the seeds crackle, add garlic paste and sauté well then add ladies finger and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, while tossing occasionally.
3. Add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, sandwich masala and mix well.
4. Sauté and cook properly. Keep aside.
How to prepare Curd Dip
1. Combine hang curds, garlic paste, salt, sandwich masala, red chilli powder in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
2. Sprinkle red chilli powder on the dip.
How to Proceed
1. Place a wrap on a clean dry surface, spread 1 Tbsp of curd dip on it and place one portion of masala Bhindi.
2. Fold two opposite ends of wrap over the masala Bhindi.
3. Roll the wrap from the stuffed end over the 2 folded sides and keep aside.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 4 more wraps.
Serve with curd dip.
133 views0 comments