TOMATO SPROUT SOUP
Updated: Apr 10, 2019
Chef: Aanal Kotak
Recipe Servings: 2 Persons
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients for Cream of Tomato Soup
1. 4 Pieces Tomatoes (Cut into halves)
2. 1 ½ Tsp Oil
3. 1 Tbsp onions (chopped)
4. ½ Tsp Garlic (lehsun) (roughly chopped)
5. 1 Tsp Flour (maida)
6. 1 Tsp Butter
7. 1-2 Pieces star anise, cinnamon stick, black pepper (4-5) , cloves
8. 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
9. A pinch Sugar
10. ½ Tsp Salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
11. Water as required
Ingredients for Garnish
2. Fresh cream
How to cook Cream of Tomato Soup
1. In a bowl, add tomatoes and pour oil to coat tomatoes properly then add garlic, onion and marinate the tomatoes properly.
2. Put marinated tomatoes separately in oven tray.
3. Before keeping the tray in oven, cover each corners of the tray with cinnamon stick, star anise, black pepper, cloves and sprinkle ½ Tsp of oil on it, so that while baking aroma of those spices gets merged with tomatoes.
4. Bake tomatoes in oven at 220° C for 15-20 minutes or till tomatoes get soft.
5. Remove from oven and keep aside to cool before grinding.
6. Take a jar, add baked tomatoes pieces along with ¼ cup of water and blend them in a grinder till smooth puree.
7. Strain puree in a separate bowl and keep aside.
8. Take a sauce pan, add butter and heat till it melts, and add flour, cook on a slow flame till mixed well.
9. Add tomato puree in butter and flour mixture and add ½ Cup of water and cook for few seconds.
10. Lastly add salt, black pepper powder, sugar, lemon juice and mix everything well and let it boil for some more minutes.
11. Switch off the gas and take out soup in a soup bowl.
Top it with fresh cream, add some sprouts and pour some more fresh cream on it to garnish and serve immediately.