BOMBAY STYLE PAV BHAJI
Updated: Apr 10, 2019
Chef: Aanal Kotak
Recipe Servings: 2 Persons
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients for Bombay Style Pav Bhaji
1. 4 Tbsp Oil
2. 1 Tbsp butter
3. 1 Tsp garlic (finely chopped)
4. 2 Tsp green chilli (finely chopped)
5. A pinch ginger (finely chopped)
6. 1 Tsp Garlic & kashmiri chilli paste (red chilli paste)
7. 1 Cup tomato (finely chopped)
8. ½ Cup onions (finely chopped)
9. ½ Cup capsicum (finely chopped)
10. Salt as per taste
11. ½ Tsp red chilli powder
12. ½ Tsp roasted Cumin powder (jeera)
13. 2 Tsp pav bhaji masala
14. ½ Cup Potato and cauliflower (boiled & mashed)
15. ¼ Cup green peas (boiled)
16. 1 Tsp lemon juice
17. 2 Tbsp coriander leaves
18. Water as required
Ingredients for Serving
1. 3-4 Mini buns
2. Butter as required
3. ½ Tsp Garlic
4. 1 Tsp coriander leaves
How to cook Bombay Style Pav Bhaji
1. Heat oil in a broad non stick pan; add green chillies, garlic, ginger and sauté well for few seconds.
2. Add onion and tomato, cook on a fast flame for 5 minutes till oil gets separate.
3. Add prepared red chilli paste and capsicum sauté.
4. Now add salt, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, and pav bhaji masala stir well by adding water and mash everything properly.
5. Further add mashed mixture of boiled potato and cauliflower, green peas and mix properly. Mash the mixture again by adding little water to it.
6. Lastly add butter, lemon juice and coriander leaves and cook for 5-10 minutes to evaporate excess water.
7. In a pan take butter, garlic, coriander and mini buns and sauté well.
Serve Mini Buns with Bhaji.