Updated: Apr 10, 2019
Chef: Aanal Kotak
Recipe Servings: 3-4 Persons
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients for Amritsari Chole
1. 1 bowl chole (boiled with tea water)
2. 1 Cup tomato (coarsely grinded)
3. ¼ Cup onion (finely chopped)
4. 1-2 Dry red chilli
5. Salt to taste
6. 1 Tsp red chilli powder
7. 1 Tsp dhania powder
8. ½ Tsp kitchen king
9. 2 Tsp chana masala
10. 1 Tbsp besan + water
11. 3 Tbsp oil
12. 3 Tsp ghee
Ingredients for Paste
1. 1 Small piece ginger (adrak)
2. 3 Piece green chilli
3. 7-8 Piece Garlic (lehsun)
4. 1 Small piece Cinnamon (dalchini)
5. 3 Pieces cardamom (eliachi)
6. 1 Tsp black pepper (kali mirch)
7. 2-3 Tsp Water
Ingredients for Serving
1. Green chilli
2. Pickle Laccha Onion
How to prepare Paste
1. In a jar add garlic, cardamom, green chilli, ginger, black pepper corn, cinnamon and grind it to a smooth paste by adding water. Transfer it to a bowl and keep aside.
How to cook Amritsari Chole
1. In a pan add oil and ghee and let it heat.
2. Add dry red chill, ginger-chilli & garlic paste and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add onions and tomatoes and sauté till oil releases for another 5 minutes.
4. Now add salt, red chilli powder, kitchen king, coriander powder and chana masala, stir well till cooked properly.
5. Add chole (along with tea water) and mix with masala, add mixture of besan and water to set the consistency, cover and cook for 15 minutes on a slow flame. Chole is ready.
Serve with pickle Laccha onion & green chillies.